Monday, June 28, 2010

New Glasses

The last time I got a pair of glasses was 8-10 years ago.  So, I decided that this year, I should get a new pair in case of emergency.

My eye doctor wanted to show me the frame styles that are best for my prescription.  The assistant who handles glasses came over to help.

I had to explain that I am really bad at matching colors and styles; and that I really have no idea what looks good on me.  They didn’t quite believe me until I didn’t have any idea whether the first pair that they handed me looked good.

I had to explain, “I’m really not kidding.  I have no idea whether these look good.  I can’t even match my own clothes.  My friends dress me.  If I buy clothes, they have to come over and match them for me... or just go shopping with me.” 

My doctor was kind of excited to pick out glasses for me.  She and her assistant started alternating handing me glasses and critiquing the other one’s choice.  After a few pair, doc handed me another pair.  I put them on and the assistant said, “Oh, yeah.  You’re right.  Those look good!”  Doc wins. 

She was so excited that she responded, “HA!” and stuck her tongue out at the assistant.

At this exact moment, the other optometrist in the office walked up with a client.  He looked at his client and said, “Well, I was going to introduce you.  That’s my wife.  Let’s just go over here and take care of your stuff.” 

Doc, assistant, and I just stood there laughing and laughing and laughing.