This morning started out very well. I was reading I Corinthians 1-2 and thinking about how our wisdom is God’s foolishness, how unfathomable is that whole concept, and no wonder God’s love for us is considered a “mystery”. Wisdom at a level we cannot understand.
And then I got a phone call asking if I would consider a contract job near home. Somehow that threw me into some sort of tailspin. I interviewed for a direct hire position in Michigan and haven’t heard back on that yet. But the contract would be near home. And suddenly I was weighing whether I should allow this recruiter to submit my resume for something short term but near home. I weighed all the implications of both Michigan and Colorado and couldn’t figure out what to do. So I finally decided to go ahead and tell the recruiter to submit my resume.
I never thought I’d be in a quandary about whether to apply for a job near home.
I almost canceled dinner with a friend because my mood was so up and down over it. What happened to the joy that was this morning? I lost my focus.
But, I called my friend to cancel and as soon as she said, “Hey!” I knew I wasn’t canceling. In fact, it picked me up so much that I had a good time; my quandary forgotten for the moment; maybe I even came to some sense of resolution on the matter. Thank God for good friends... and for His wisdom that surpasses all human understanding!
No comments:
Post a Comment