Today I find myself intolerant of some of the little nonsensical issues that are going on around me.
When I got to work this morning I already had some things running around in my head regarding what things are really important in life. Some of my friends are being hurt by family members who are embroiled in sin. Others are struggling to heal relationships damaged by previous decisions. Still others have hearts breaking for the people in Turkey who are affected by recent martyrs. And my heart hurts for all of these friends.
I started going through the mail when I got to work and found a letter from the Turkish World Outreach discussing the events leading up to the recent murders of three Christians, the events that surrounded their funerals, and the known and anticipated repercussions of all these events.
Then, for at least the third time in a year, a question arose about a particular set of keys. I have never seen these keys in the time that I have worked at this location. I do not understand why people come running to me to deal with this. The people involved are all adults and should be fully capable of making a decision and dealing with the situation.
In fact, they all know the names and contact information of the individuals responsible for said keys. I really see the keys as trivial today and decided that, since the keys are not actually my responsibility, I am not going to take care of the situation. I told the person in my office that I am done being the mom and that they all need to start acting like adults and make a decision. Go to the people responsible if you need help on this. Do not come to me.
There are people hurting and dying all over and we are worried about a set of keys. (The keys are just one example.)
I’ll get off the soapbox now… for the moment, anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment