Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Hazards of Fixing Cars

A friend recently reminded me of this story. It has been stuck in my head for a couple days so I thought I would share it...

Once upon a time, in a far away land known as Michigan, a bunch of us were working hard to get through college. The starter went out on my truck. I had some friends who would rather work on my car than cook which was great because I would rather cook for them than work on my car. A very good trade, indeed.

That particular day I was making a host of apple pies for a big dinner we were heading to in the evening. Being a college student and short on kitchen items, I bought pre-measured shortening sticks and sliced off the volume needed for each recipe.

When it was all finished, I put the left-over shortening in my friends’ refrigerator for later use. Unfortunately, one of the guys had never heard of shortening sticks and thought that the butter-flavored, butter-colored Crisco must actually be butter.

Toast has never been ruined in such an exceedingly unpleasant manner.

His roommates had a good laugh and he verified the items I left in the refrigerator after that.

No comments: