Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stealing

com·mand·ment /[kuh-mand-muh nt] –noun
1. A command; an edict.
2. Bible One of the Ten Commandments.

Commandment 8 of the Ten Commandments states: “You shall not steal.” (Exodus 20:15)
Shortly after I arrived at work today, one of the old ladies in the church where I work called to say that she had inadvertently left a bag of Avon when she was in for a meeting yesterday. It was product that she had purchased from another lady. She asked me to get it and put it away until she came in for Bible Study on Thursday. I thought, “No problem” and headed downstairs to get the bag. Problem. The bag was nowhere in sight.

The custodian appeared as I was searching and I asked him about it. He said yes, he saw the bag with product in it yesterday late afternoon. However, it was sitting next to a box of doughnuts. When he arrived today to begin cleaning in that area, the bag was there but the box of doughnuts and the product from the bag were gone.

I really don’t think I am setting expectations too high to expect people who say they love Jesus and live according to the Bible to actually put it into practice and not steal makeup and facial products that belong to an elderly woman! I am so angry about this that I cannot think of words to describe it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't the Decalogue part of the LAW and now we're under GRACE?? j/k One really would hope better from people who profess to seek to "walk as Jesus did" (1 John 2:6).