Sunday, January 13, 2008

How to Have Fun in a Mall

Teenagers are some of the most entertaining people in the world. This can be particularly true when an adult does something that the teenager(s) do not expect.

Today I was shopping in a mall with a friend. As we headed down one of the corridors to the next shop, I spotted a group of 4-5 girls, probably freshmen or sophomores in high school. They were headed for the unmanned Army kiosk.

As they gathered around the end of the kiosk and started flipping through brochures, I stuck my head in the middle of the group and said, “So, are you looking at pictures of cute guys or are you joining up?”

Just as I said this, one of the girls was pointing out a particular soldier (in a photo) who looked like he was laughing and having a great time.

Another of the girls looked at me, somewhat startled, and said, “We’re just looking.”

I said, “At the guys?”

“Well, yeah.”

As I walked away, I was laughing at the surprise on their faces that someone would have commented on why they were gathered around the army booth. In fact, I was laughing about that for several hours afterward.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.