This afternoon was the last portion of the home study. My home study writer said she will have the report finished and turned in by next weekend. She turned one in recently for another family and her supervisor told her that he had 7 others to review before he got to that one. So, she told me to expect it to be a while before I hear anything - possibly the end of September.
The process is that she turns in the study and makes a recommendation. (She is recommending me for approval.) Then her supervisor reviews the study. Then it gets passed on to a committee of people who make the final decision about whether I can be a foster parent/ adoptive parent.
After final approval, they can begin working on finding children.
I know a lot of people have been asking about a time line so hopefully this information helps with understanding that.
No comments:
Post a Comment