Sometimes it is best to change the “traditional” process of meeting and getting to know a child just a little. This week I was asked to be a mentor to a child. After a couple months of mentoring him, it will be decided whether we will continue with placement.
He will not know that I am a potential adoptive parent. Therefore, I must ask all of you to help me out. If you see me with a child during the mentoring time period, please do not mention adoption at all. This measure is necessary to protect him from the possibility of one more disappointment.
I will not send out another update until the mentoring time period is complete so it will be nearly August before you see another update from me on the Adoption process.
Additionally, as of Thursday, May 28, this blog will be set to require a password in order to read the content. This way there is no chance of the child happening upon the blog and finding out about adoption intentions. Someone asked whether those who are subscribed via email will still receive updates. I do not know whether that will be the case. The password requirement will be removed after 2-3 months anyway.
No comments:
Post a Comment