Friday, October 23, 2009

Adoption Update 10/22/09

In the last update I told you that the Presentation would be this month and that it would be after the Presentation sometime that they would talk with the child I am mentoring about me adopting him.

Today we had the Presentation. Learned some good information there.

At the moment, it will be best to keep things the way they are. I will continue mentoring but we will probably have more interaction, possibly getting together more often. The details of that are still being ironed out.

This means that placement (when he comes to live at my house) will probably not be as soon as previously thought. It will be good for him to have things much more gradual.

This also means that we are not discussing me adopting him quite yet. So, I also need you to be careful to not mention adoption or to imply that he would live with me. Thanks for being patient!

Thank you for your support.

No comments: