Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Adoption Update 12/15/09

This was actually written on 12/15/09 and went out to my email distro but I neglected to post it here for those who’ve been following via blog.

Praise God for His faithfulness... and also His humor.

Last week I sent an email out to a very few people asking for prayer for a meeting that I have tomorrow. I was preparing for the probability of needing to ask about the plan for talking to the child I am mentoring about adoption. Well, God, in His actual infinite wisdom, had them discuss that with him today.

About 3:40 PM today I received a phone call from his house. I was a little concerned actually because I saw him last night and we have the meeting tomorrow. So I was wondering what kind of a problem must be going on that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

When I answered, I heard, "Hi, Crystal. It's me." So it's not an adult after all but rather my kiddo.

I said, "Hey, how are you?"

"I'm good. I talked with my caseworker today about adoption and I said yes."

"You said yes to being adopted or to being adopted by me?"

"By you."

It's a good thing that I was just wrapping up work for the day because there was no way I would have been able to focus after that point. We chatted for another minute and then got off the phone.

Thank you all for hanging in there with me during this long process. Periodically people have wondered whether this would actually happen because of the length of time. God is faithful to do what He says He will do.

No comments: