Thursday, December 31, 2009

Adoption Update 12/26/09

Again, actually written 12/26/09 but just now getting around to posting on the blog…

A number of people have been asking about the plan for transitioning from current placement to my house. Just wanted to let you know that it is not yet set. We have a meeting scheduled in mid-January to discuss that. Right now we are just playing it by ear.

Kiddo spent the night at my house the evenings of 12/23 & 12/24. We had a whirlwind of Christmas activity where he got to have Christmas Eve dinner with one side of the family and Christmas morning brunch with the other side. He's very excited to have family. I enjoyed spending the extra time with him. We went back to his house mid-day on Christmas and had Christmas dinner with everyone there.

I didn't sleep much because of the activity volume and the fact that I don't usually sleep well the first night that a child(ren) is in the house. When I got home I was so exhausted that I took a 2 hour nap and then went back to bed two hours later for another 10 hours.

No comments: