I was going through my posts earlier today because needed to give my doctor an update on life with the AIP diet. I am too lazy to rewrite what I have learned over the last few months. In doing so, I discovered that I forgot to update on Experiment #2.
I discovered that the reason I was having so much trouble with my stomach and the medication was that I was not getting enough water in my system. Dehydration does not pair well with the Salsalate.
My new Android phone has a “Health” app for tracking activity, water intake, etc that is pretty snazzy. Until I got in the habit of getting enough water, I used that to track my water intake so that I could make sure I am getting enough.
One thing I found is that if I drink a glass of water before I eat in the morning, my body is more likely to register thirst throughout the day. I’m not always good at remembering but I am trying to have a glass of water before anything else so that my body will remind me to be hydrated…. which will keep my tummy happier.
This experiment is now closed.
No comments:
Post a Comment