I am trying to clean out my freezer. While going through it this week, I found a 2 lb package of pork loin.
Most of my recipes that use pork loin also use spices or ingredients that I cannot have right now. So I have been thinking that I would slice it up and make pork chops.
But today I just didn't feel like pork chops.
My son bought eggs yesterday when he went grocery shopping and I started thinking about the egg and sausage scramble that we like to have for dinner sometimes.
I recently started reintroducing food. So far I am at egg yolks with no issues. Yeah for egg yolks!
I really wanted scrambled eggs and sausage. So I looked up sausage recipes and found this one.
I ground up the pork loin and mixed in the listed ingredients except that I left out the peppers since I am off of nightshades.
It wasn't really as fatty as the ground pork I have bought in the store. I had some bacon grease set aside from the last time I cooked nitrate/nitrite free (uncured) bacon. I spooned a couple scoops of that into the pan and cooked up the ground sausage mix.
My teenager seemed a little sceptical that I made my own sausage but he tasted, approved, and scooped out a large helping for himself.
It is really good! I could easily make this in to patties for a quick meal during the week.
Yum! Sorry; No pictures today. We were too busy eating.
No comments:
Post a Comment