Yesterday I finished the last required class for the adoption process.
Friday I turned all of my paperwork in to Project 1.27. They'll go through it and make sure that I did not miss anything. They also put it all together in a nice folder so that everything is ready to go when I hand it to the county. My friend showed me her packet. It is organized very nicely and they even arrange the pictures and everything. I would have just handed the county a manilla envelope with all the data. This will be so very much nicer.
Once the county has my packet, they can assign a caseworker. I went to the county Human Services office on Thursday and had my fingerprints scanned onto a computer. (Very cool scanning system.) They said that once I have a caseworker, they will transmit my prints for the background check. "If all goes well" they'll have the results back in a week! That's a lot faster than the 2-4 months I was told if I were to have my prints put on the regular fingerprint card.
After that process is complete, it is my understanding that the homestudy process will begin and after that they can start looking for children for me. I've heard that the average time for a Project 1.27 family to have placement is around 11 months. Obviously that's an average so the process to placement could last well over a year. After placement, the children are considered foster children in my home for a minimum of 1 year. Once the one year mark has expired, if the caseworker gives approval, the adoption can be finalized.
Please pray for my children: that they would be safe and that God will protect them until and after they move to my home.
No comments:
Post a Comment