I am rarely original in cooking but I do ok at tweaking the recipes of another person to make myself or my family happy.
I have been using this recipe for cooking Spaghetti Squash for a couple years: http://elanaspantry.com/how-to-cook-spaghetti-squash/
Recently we used this recipe to make nutrient-dense burgers: http://www.thepaleomom.com/2014/02/505050-burgers.html
So, today I decided to combine them so we could have “pasta” for dinner. I mixed up the meat and browned it with onion like I would for any casserole. For the rest of my family/friends, I also pureed and cooked down some tomatoes with spices (because I didn’t have any sauce on hand).
I set the meat, sauce, and “Spaghetti” out separately and let people make their own stack, according to their preferences.
We also baked up some sweet potatoes. Last week a friend recommended trying rosemary on a baked sweet potato so we got out some spices and mixed them in, again individually.
I didn’t tell my son or his friend that there was offal meat in the mixture. No need to give them a psychological reason to not eat. It was a really tasty meal and my son even grabbed seconds, even though he knew that there would be pizza where they were going next.
No comments:
Post a Comment