My boy likes to fish but he's not a big fan of the taste of fish by itself. So he agreed to a fish sandwich patty experiment. I've never made a fish sandwich patty before. I've always bought them.
I found this recipe and decided that trout should be just as good as cod. I don't really have any knowledge of fish but you don't learn whether it works if you don't try it out, right?
I needed to make this AIP friendly so I substituted sweet potatoes for the regular potatoes. I used coconut flour seasoned with a little salt for the breading.
No pepper since I am off of nightshades right now.
I also didn't have a lot of time to be standing over the stove frying so I decided to oven fry. I set the oven to 375 degrees, made sure my cookie sheet was greased (coconut oil) and drizzled melted coconut oil over the top of each pressed down patty. After 10-15 minutes, I flipped each patty once and put them back in. After another 10-15 minutes, I pulled out my tray of golden brown fish-wich patties.
It turned out that the trout was just fine in this recipe and so were all the other modifications I made. I ate mine with a little salt and the boy had his on a hamburger bun.

No comments:
Post a Comment