Tuesday, February 05, 2008

And so it begins...

Tonight is the orientation meeting for going through the adoption process. We (Cassie is going with me) are supposed to have the opportunity to meet with the counties and ask questions, get an overview of the adoption process, find out who the kids are, and see the type of support offered to adoptive parents.

At the moment, I don't have any idea what questions to ask of the county. Hopefully they'll have a brochure or something so that I can call later with questions.

At the moment, my primary interest is beginning the process of taking whatever training is needed/offered. There are a few things that need to be done around my house before I will feel like I can start really start the process.

Also, the orientation is in Greeley. I'm praying that the roads are better tonight than they are now or were last night. My neighborhood streets are essentially sheet-ice with snow on top. (It was *not* stressful at all to begin sliding backward down the hill to my parking lot when I was trying to go up said hill last night.)

I've decided that if all of the classes are in Greeley, I'll either wait until they are offered in Denver or find the same training through another organization that offers them in Denver.

1 comment:

Cassie T. said...

I'm pretty sure you can take the classes in Denver. I saw some for February, I thought, on the Project 127 website.
It'll be an adventure, at any rate! I'm glad that I am able to come with you!