Tuesday -Thursday last week were long days on the road for work. I put 1,050 miles on the Expedition… without ever leaving
I got home around 4:00 AM Thursday and pretty much crashed. After some sleep and a little more work, we hit the road for
I was more than ready to be off the road by that time… though I’m finding that I road-trip better now than I ever did in college. Actually, I enjoy it now.
The trip up to MI was rather uneventful. After the first 4-5 hours, we started trading off driving every 2-3 hours. One of us would drive while the other slept. Though MapQuest seemed to think the trip would take us 17.5 hours to
At some point on the last stretch of the trip, while Jeni was driving and I was in a dead-to-the-world sleep, a bee entered the truck. The driver’s side and rear windows were the only ones open but Jeni never saw it fly in. It is possible that the bug came in dead, though somehow it seems unlikely in my head. When I woke up, I asked Jeni how she was doing and the sat up. I looked down for some reason and saw the bee on my belly, positioned somewhat between 2 rolls of fat. After I finished panicking and realized that the bee was actually dead, Jeni directed me to some tissue for use in disposing of the bug. And then it was all very funny.
I certainly didn’t get enough sleep while in
Yesterday morning came all too quickly and I was suddenly on an airplane headed home. Sad day!
But, after lunch with Mom & Grandma and a three hour nap, I was again on the road. Another 245 miles (I tracked it this time for purposes of calculating gas mileage – 53.8 MPG) to my destination. The rest of my vacation will be taken up hanging out with my niece, nephew, and brother. I’ll back track the 245 miles sometime this weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment