Well, today [July 31] marks two months since I met the child I am mentoring. Things started out slow and we have gradually gotten to longer outings and more conversation.
Tonight we went out to a movie but we ended up being WAY early. We went next door to the Qdoba for dinner where I watched this very slender kiddo put away an enormous double-meat burrito. His appetite could rival that of either one of my brothers. We followed up dinner by playing string games. He can build a lot more shapes than I ever could. Then we went over to the theatre where the video games grabbed the attention. When the bear hunting game was over, it was time to drop quarters in the little vending machines and wonder what treasure might fall out. Good times.
I met with the county today, as well. For a number of reasons, we've decided that it would be best to continue the mentorship for a minimum of another month. It was really helpful to be able to chat with everyone and get some direction on where to go from here. We'll meet again in approximately another month and evaluate when to take the next steps. (This means that if you see us, please continue to refrain from mentioning adoption. If you know for sure that he is not with me, of course feel free to ask questions.)
I know that so many of you are praying about this and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate that. Thank you. May God bless you for caring about us.
1 comment:
Thanks for the update! We will continue to pray for you guys!
Post a Comment