Thursday, August 20, 2009

Adoption Update 8/20/09

My last update said that we were continuing the mentoring process another month. That was 3 weeks ago.

I found out late last week that the child I am mentoring is transitioning caseworkers. This will extend the time frame somewhat. Since I do not know when the new caseworker will be assigned and up-to-date on the case, I cannot give a time frame.

This may be just as well because the electronic fingerprint system didn't like my prints this year. (As a foster parent, you have to get re-printed annually.) I went in two different times to get fingerprinted and the computer just didn't like my prints. So, I got to go to the police department and get printed on paper, the old-fashioned way. The difference is this: it takes a couple weeks for the background check to be complete with electronic prints. It can take several months with paper prints. My fingerprint card was turned in about 3 1/2 weeks ago.

A number of months ago I outlined the general process for foster-adoption for you. One of the steps was the "Presentation". I have requested the Presentation to be scheduled but do not yet have a date for it.

No comments: