I have one friend who states that if one decides that a goal should be set, it should not matter what time of year or season it is, the goal should be implemented. Generally I agree with that. But there is something very organized, defined, and starting anew about beginning to work toward new goals at the start of a new year. The timeframe for accomplishment and review is more easily remembered (i.e. one year hence).
I think it’s good to review both short term (one year) and long term (3-5 years) goals each year to verify that said goals are still relevant to one’s place in life and that they are still realistic.
I’ve also been told that those who write down their goals are more likely to accomplish the majority of goals set.

All that being said, I’ve been evaluating my goals. Below is not an exhaustive list but just a few of the things I am looking forward to in 2010.
One Year Goals
--Drop 2 sizes, regardless of weight volume
--Travel (vacation) to at least one location (domestic) that I have not yet visited
--Spend less time online and more time outdoors
--Incorporate at least 2 new recipes in to my cooking routine
Three to Five Year Goals
--Buy a house
--Pay off all non-mortgage debt
No comments:
Post a Comment