Today I was at my son’s house. While he was finishing up chores and homework, another kid told me that he couldn’t finish cleaning his room because the vaccuum “won’t suck”.
So we started checking out the machine. New, mostly empty bag. Took apart the bottom and didn’t find any clogs there, though there was sand and other dirt falling around. Finally, I noticed that both the bottom intake and the extension wand route through the extension tubing. Pulled that off and found much junk clogging it up.
We started pulling out hairballs and dirt wads, tapping the tubing on the floor to loosen up the next batch and then pulling out more gunk. About halfway through this ten minute process, sawdust begins to fall out, as well. This child looks at me and says, “Eew. That’s from when I vomited.”
This is exactly what every person wants to hear when declogging a vaccuum without gloves.
I just looked at him. “Oh, you probably didn’t want to know that, huh?”
Actually, I could have lived my entire life without knowing that little tidbit of information.
On the upside, the vacuum worked quite well when that little exercise was over.
1 comment:
Ah, children. So honest!
I think I told you about the time a girl at Gymboree ran up to me crying and holding out her finger saying, "Owie", so I kissed it to make it feel better. Then another girl directly after her ran up to me holding out her finger and saying, "Owie", so I held the finger up to my lips, only to discover that she had said, "Boogie". There was a booger, and not an owie on her finger!!!
Post a Comment