This weekend my mission is to find us a place to live in Michigan.
Originally I had a flight in to Lansing via O’Hare. The aircraft was struck by lightning while inbound to Denver. The airline needs to check out the aircraft so we didn’t get to leave on time. In fact, the flight was delayed such that I would miss my connecting at O’Hare by about 10 minutes. There are no other flights out of O’Hare to Lansing tonight.
The friend that I will be staying with while in MI and myself talked through some options. When I got to the customer service desk, the agent mentioned that another lady had rebooked to Grand Rapids. That was one we hadn’t discussed. He was able to rebook me on flights to and from Grand Rapids. I called my friend and then called the car rental agency to change my reservation location. The flight gets in to Grand Rapids really late but it is a direct flight. (I was unaware that Grand Rapids is such a popular destination from Denver.) The car rental counter closes 15 minutes before my flight gets in and they have no after hours pick up. While I was busy finding this out, my friend was busy finding an alternative plan. She left a message and I called back when I got done with the car rental. She notified me that her husband will just pick me up in Grand Rapids.
A short while later, I talked with another friend. She said something to the effect of, “They just took action and didn’t wait around? You are really blessed to have such friends. They don’t come along very often.” Don’t I know it?! God does take care of me.
We’ll get in late but we’ll make all the appointments tomorrow. I was pretty sure for a while that I’d have to cancel at least one just trying to get in to town.
So, now I wait for the flight. One more adventure in the journey.
2 comments:
We had a great time with you this weekend! Can't wait to see you again next month and meet your son :)
Thanks, Kate! I had a great time with you, too! Thanks so much for EVERYTHING. You guys are amazing friends. Looking forward to seeing you more often. :*)
Post a Comment