Monday morning was first day of school for AJ. He was pretty nervous and wanted me to stay ... that is until the student who was showing him around appeared. “Hi, I”m Adam.” “Hi, I’m AJ.” And then he walked away. I said, “Do I still need to stay?” He gave me a look that said, “Oh, are you still here? Why haven’t you gone already?” and then proceeded to let me know that I could leave.
We found Rebecca’s car rental place without incident and she was on her way to visit a friend in another town.
Then I headed to work. It was an interesting first day. My computer has not arrived yet and that is slowing down the ability to jump in to projects. My new co-workers are all really great and I’m looking forward to working with them.
I picked AJ up from my friend’s house after work. We went to Meijer to pick up a couple things and he saw all the Spartan gear. The condensed conversation was about like this:
“Mom! Look, Michigan State!"
"I thought you were a U of M fan."
"Well, I'll be both."
"Doesn't work like that here; you're going to have to choose."
"Well, I guess I'll choose Michigan State."
Eventually he told me that he really liked my friend’s family, all Spartan fans, and wanted to impress the dad, so he was choosing to change teams.
I asked him what he was going to do when another man came along that he wanted to impress who was a Wolverine fan. This had clearly not crossed his mind. But he is so far steadfast in the decision to follow the Spartans.
Tuesday Rebecca stayed home and welcomed the mover and all our stuff. Yea for having chairs and couches... even if the couches are really way to big for this living room.
I went to work and met the guy who replaced the bird-damaged windshield. Yea for being able to see when vehicles are coming!
I took Wednesday off from work. We slept really late. I was exhausted from not sleeping well on air mattresses and in hotels. Always sleep better in my own bed. We did a little unpacking and then headed to Mason for lunch with the lady who will be picking AJ up from school each day. She’s really nice and we’re on the same wavelength about what is expected. Can’t ask for a whole lot more than that.
No comments:
Post a Comment