Monday, June 13, 2022

Give it the Boot

The CT report says, "In conjunction with adjacent fifth MTP joint distention..., the findings are felt most likely secondary to inflammatory arthropathy." Arthropathy = joint disease... aka Rheumatoid Arthritis. AND "These findings are not characteristic of malignant neoplasia." So, not a malignant tumor. 

The doctor took some more x-rays and did some measurements. Then he let me know that my RA is causing joint deterioration in this area, as stated in the CT report.

We'll monitor every few months to see the rate of deterioration and I'll work with my rheumatologist on the forward plan. I've known for years that joint deterioration was coming sometime.

I am back in normal shoes and can return to normal activity. Sayonara to the boot.

Mack is off the hook... I don't have to go find the places he hides bones in the yard. 😂😄

Thank you for praying the last couple of months!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT news!!! So happy you can return to your normal activities, and praying that your rheumatoid doctor will have wisdom for the best course of action.

Crystal said...

Thank you! Prayer is much appreciated. I have a lot of research to do before I see the rheumatologist.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful. God is Good. Love you.

Crystal said...

Indeed, He is.

lkarbo said...

What a relief! We were concerned about you. RA isn't fun, but this diagnosis sounds MUCH better than a possible malignancy.

Still praying for you,

The Bohans