I played with a few pre-made mixes early on before I found a way to make most of them myself.
What I found is that many pre-made mixes come out tasting dry. There is one brand that I really liked, however. Pamela’s mixes always seem to come out well. I used to stock Pamela’s pre-mixed flour.
Pamela’s bread mix is good for bread that goes with a meal. It stirs up like a quick bread. Like most GF breads, however, it is not quite what we typically look for in a sandwich bread.
For sandwich bread, I have not yet found a good bread recipe to make on my own.
The best brand I have found in stores is Canyon Bakehouse. About a month ago, the stores near me quit carrying it. I asked at one store and was told that Aunt Millie’s was the distributor and they quit carrying it. It is made in Boulder, CO so perhaps those in Colorado will have an easier time finding this one.
Udi’s and Rudi’s are ok as a second choices on sandwich bread.
No comments:
Post a Comment