Sunday, July 25, 2010

Atomic Exploration

On Day 6 of vacation, we visited the National Museum of Nuclear Science & History.  This was very interesting.  There were exhibits showing the history of the Atomic Bomb and it's use in WWII, Nuclear Power, and Pop Culture surrounding the Atom.

It was, however, also a LOT of information.  If I lived in the area, I would probably visit the museum on at least 3 different occasions in order to absorb the material.  While we read almost every exhibit, there were a number of video displays containing additional information and footage.  I didn't end up watching any of these.

It was really neat to walk out to Heritage Park and look at the real-life airplanes, missiles, and other items.

Albert's Lab was pretty cool because there were little experiments and educational things for the kiddos.  My son wasn't with us.  He would have had a blast [no pun intended] in this exhibit.

However, he would have been incredibly bored watching the adults wander around from history item to history item.  No way I would have been able to read at the level I enjoyed if he were present.

Afterward, we relaxed at home and had dinner.  Then my brother stoked up the outdoor fire pit so that we could all relax by the fire.  Good times!

No comments: