Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Exploring!

Vacation Day 4....

My primary ride since being in Albuquerque has been an open-air Jeep Wrangler.

Today, all the other adults were out being responsible and working.  I was given the keys to the Jeep and had the day to explore.  I tooled around a little bit of Albuquerque and Rio Rancho, exploring to see what shops were nearby and what restaurants sounded new and interesting.  A friend is driving in to spend the rest of the week with us so I was also scouting out places we might choose to go.

It is so interesting to encounter people sometimes. 

I visited the local Savers.  While in the checkout line, the lady in front of me, who was probably 20-30 years my senior, turned around to ask me if I had one of the green cards.  No, she did not mistake me for an illegal immigrant. 

Savers apparently has a punch card going right now (green in color) that is marked every time you donate or purchase.  Fill a certain number of circles and get a discount on the merchandise. 

I was just in Savers at home last week and did not get wind of this promotion at that time.  So I told the lady that I wasn’t sure that Saver’s in Colorado was running such a promotion.

She clearly did not understand that I was saying that I am only temporarily in town from another state and began informing me that I really needed to get a punch card with her long list of reasons why.

Later on, I went to the grocery store.  As I was loading the groceries in to the back of the Jeep, another lady walked by.  Again, probably a good 20 years my senior.  She took one look at my wheels for the day and said, “Now THAT looks like a fun car!”

Yep, it was a good car for a day of exploring.

No comments: