Saturday, July 31, 2010

Mid-Year Goals Review

At the beginning of the year, I set goals for myself (click here to see the original post).  I like to look at written goals periodically to see where I am at and what needs to be adjusted in order to achieve said goals.  It's also worth considering whether any particular goal is still a valid pursuit.  So, this is my mid-year goals review.

One Year Goals--Drop 2 sizes, regardless of weight volume.  Status:  Achieved.  With nearly half a year left, a stretch goal of one more size, for a total of 3 sizes, is now in play.  I'm not crazy enough to think I'd actually lose a size over the holidays so I won't go for 4.
--Travel (vacation) to at least one location (domestic) that I have not yet visited.  Status:  Achieved.  While I've been to Albuquerque before, it was only for about 2 days and we didn't see a whole lot.  The recent trip to Albuquerque allowed me to see a lot of NM that was previously uncharted in my mind.
--Spend less time online and more time outdoors.  Status:  Poor execution.  Time to start turning off the computer and taking intentional time out of the house.  Did well in the spring with trips to the park but we haven't been as intentional this summer.
--Incorporate at least 2 new recipes in to my cooking routine.  Status:  50%.  I've added one new recipe in to my routine.  Need to find a second (healthy) one that everyone will enjoy (that means low in saturated/trans fats, no mushrooms, broccoli, or shrimp and if there are tomatoes, they have to be on the side.  Actually, broccoli is alright if I can substitute another veggie when the anti-broccoli folks are at my table).  Feel free to post recipes in the comments section if you have suggestions.

Three to Five Year Goals--Buy a house.  Status:  Working on non-mortgage debt and needed improvements on the condo. 
--Pay off all non-mortgage debt.  Status:  Still working on the student loans.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Great job Crystal!