Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Flight 08

On Day 7 of Vacation, we visited the Sandia Peak Tram.  This is an aerial tram that carries one from the base of Sandia Peak to the top in about 15 minutes.  Each trip up the mountain is given a "Flight" number and we were on 08 for the day. 

Once our flight reached it's destination, we snapped pictures of the views both east and west of the mountain, wandered short distances on the hiking trails, and spent some time just sitting.  It was very relaxing.  I love being on top of a mountain. 

The descent is the more difficult of the two directions on the tram, for me.  I do not like looking out the window and seeing the big drop off.  Therefore, when we boarded the tram, I moved immediately to the middle and faced the mountain.  It's much less terrifying.  (Note:  On the way up, I also faced the mountain but much of the time I had my eyes closed.)

Yea for a vacation where one can actually relax.  After hanging out above all the scenery, we went home, took naps, and read or worked on computers.  Then out to dinner with my family to listen to a local artist who is very good.

It was a good ending to a good vacation... On Day 8, we drove home... and back to reality.

No comments: