As I get to the corner where I will need to turn to go to the post office, I see a sign with an arrow and the verbage "Drive Up Post Office Station". I thought, "Did that really say 'drive up'? Is this like a drive through? Surely not. What an odd sign."
The lane that you can see to the right of the vehicles is the lane for the drop boxes. Obviously the second lane is for driving up to the window. There's one person inside who takes your package and processes it.
It's really very convenient. On one hand it's kind of sad that our society is very "fast food" and doesn't want to take the time to have significant interaction with other people while going about every day business. On the other hand, this is rather innovative and, being in what appears to be a fairly industrial area, very convenient.
No comments:
Post a Comment