Having a dog just gives me another regular blog topic.
I try to prepare the next evening's dinner as much as I can before going to bed. It saves a lot of stress and ensures that we're not eating unhealthy junk out of convenience.
Tonight I was fixing a pasta casserole. A piece of broccoli fell on the floor. The dog swooped in. The family I lived with in college had a dog that actually liked vegetables so I was thinking, "Whoa, she actually ate that." Then I turned around and found the broccoli on the floor just outside the kitchen.
Then I managed to spill some of the casserole while I was mixing it. It just went over the side of my baking dish. Meat, pasta, broccoli. She almost knocked me over to get to it. Meat and pasta - gone. Broccoli was right where it fell on the floor. I picked it up and tossed it in her dish. She ate the rest of the dog food and left the broccoli. It was pretty funny to see the look on her face when she saw the green stuff in the bowl. Too bad I didn't get that on camera.

No comments:
Post a Comment