Lyrics to Nitty Gritty Dirt Band's Colorado Christmas
Last week it snowed here but it didn't in Denver. My Denver-based Facebook friends started complaining that there was no snow and that it might not be a white Christmas there. As I was doing dishes one evening, the lyrics to the chorus of this song popped in my head. It made me miss Colorado at this time of year. Not so much Christmas morning, really, but the relaxation of looking out the window over a vast array of snow while bundled up nice and warm inside.
Yesterday one of my Colorado co-workers told me that in the city it was 45 degrees yesterday but in the mountains it has snowed almost every day for 2 weeks. I'm sad to hear that Denver will not have a white Christmas this year.
We still have a small amount from that snow a couple weeks ago and the minuscule dustings we've gotten a couple days since then. But it's not much. As much as I am looking forward to the relaxation of Christmas day here without the insanity of running from house to house, I do a little bit miss a quiet morning looking out at my Rockies, enjoying the view God created there.
Ah, but I shall be content in my quiet home with my kid and my dog, just enjoying a relaxing day!
No comments:
Post a Comment