Friday, December 10, 2010

You Find Out Who Your Friends Are

Lyrics to Tracy Lawrence's "Find Out Who Your Friends Are"

Throughout the whole process of moving, I've found the sentiment of this song to be very true.  Every time I've been in a bind, someone has shown up to rescue me.

Trying to get settled in a new location is a lot of work.  There is a whole new set of office politics learn and interpersonal relationships to develop.  There's a new school system and expectation set to try and understand.

Added to that is anything residually related to the adoption, state and county paperwork for in two states for health care, and changing health benefits at work because of moving.

Yesterday I was totally overwhelmed with all of it.  Tired.  Drained.  Exhausted.  In need of being able to talk with someone about all of it and just be able to say it out loud.

Right on cue, my friend and his wife called so that I could talk about it with both of them.  God really provided for me in this and I feel much, much better. 

As I was doing dishes last night, I was thinking about how much I've needed people around lately just to get through.  God has been using this time to show me who are my friends really and for that I am very grateful.

No comments: